Phil's Main Roofing
www.philsmainroofing.comWhile you might think most of the preparation for a roofing project lies in the hands of your contractor, you can't forget that there are a few things you must do as well in order to get ready. Before any construction project, it's important for you, as the homeowner, to take certain precautions in order to reduce the chances of accidents or injuries throughout the process. The following is a checklist you can follow to get your home ready to take on a roofing project:
|Image courtesy of renjith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net|
- Remove all breakable objects from the walls or shelves. This may include pictures, vases, candles, or other sentimental objects that could easily be broken if knocked down.
- Park cars in a safe spot in order to prevent any falling debris from landing on them. Even if you think your car will be safe in front of your home, consider parking a few houses down just to be safe.
- Keep children and pets away from the work area. Not only can they be a distraction to workers, but they can also injure themselves on any tools or materials that are within arms reach.
- In the summer, avoid turning on your sprinklers anytime before or during construction. Although they might not be powerful enough to reach your roof, slippery surfaces can still be a hazard even if they're on the ground.
- Put all outside furniture and toys away in order to minimize the risk of any workers tripping and falling. If items are too large to be moved, be sure to cover them with a tarp to make them obvious and prevent damage from falling debris.
Are you in need of a roofing contractor? Choose Phil's Main Roofing! We are a fully licensed and insured roofing company that has been serving Connecticut and New York for over 65 years. Our services extend to both the commercial and residential sectors, and we are available 24/7 for emergency service. Some of our services include new construction, re-roofing, structural repair, water proofing and leak detection! For more information, contact us at (203) 838-4545 and speak with a representative today!